Your competition? They’re taking advantage of Local SEO. Why? Because they realize people grab their smartphones, search for goods and services near them, and then head over to nearby locations to make a purchase (or, several purchases).
I’ll reiterate the following statistics – and add a few more — to help make my point:
- 90% of purchases take place in physical stores. This means people still make purchases in stores, and they purchase more inside a store than online.
- 80% of disposable income in the United States is spent within 20 miles from home.
- 97% of consumers search online for a local business.
- 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within five miles of their location.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
So, a strong online presence for local searches gets customers’ attention and improves their chances of visiting a physical location (specifically, your store).
Now, let’s dig into the benefits of Local SEO:
It increases the visibility of your website: If you’re practicing SEO for local businesses, your website is appearing in front of those searching online for your services. It’s also ranking higher in search results, which really boosts said visibility.
You’re showing up in “The Local Pack” (more on that later), which is directly underneath a Google Maps display showing the exact location of your business.
It increases organic traffic to your website: If you’re visible when people search for your services, and if your local listing features the kind of information viewers find immediately helpful, the chances of them clicking your listing increase exponentially.
It improves your reputation through customer reviews. Your local listing features pertinent information about your company (phone number, address, hours of operation, etc.). It features completed projects or works in progress, and more importantly, displays customer reviews and your accumulated customer rating.
Customer reviews are incredibly important (so important, their benefits demand a bullet point breakdown):
- They help promote your services, trustworthiness, and competency to potential customers. When someone reads a review, they learn how customers are treated. And the more reviews they read – and the more positive the reviews – the more likely they’ll visit your website.
- A customer review is as effective as a personal recommendation. It’s a self-involved third party without bias, so the review reflects a genuine customer experience.
- Customer reviews improve your ranking in search engines like Google. These reviews count as more signals validating your authenticity and authority. And what does Google want to do? It wants to present searchers the best options for their search – options that Google considers authentic, knowledgeable, and strongly verified by other sources.
- Want more reasons why customer reviews are incredibly beneficial to local businesses? Head over to our Reputation Management page for more startling and business-strengthening statistics.
Rank for multiple locations. Have more than one local location? Local SEO can help you attract online traffic for specific locations.
Ready to get started on your personalized Local SEO strategy? Contact us today.